Sunday, September 11

Little Green Box / Changes


The picture is my new little table from my friend Connie...I just love it and my french press and special coffee cup!

Yesterday I got two items i have been obsessed about. One is my big Brun coffee pot. I bought it years ago and it has been my friend first thing on many mornings and other then that no special sentiment was attached to that pot! The other item was my old recipe box. I have had that sense my home EC class back along ago and have collected alot of recipes over the years.

I have bugged Kevin D and Tami for over a year new to find these items that are stored in their home and they have looked and looked for over a year now and finally came across them a few days ago. I was over the moon with delight. Serious.... I woke up yesterday morning all excited (yea my stuff today) and called my mom telling her how excited I was and after dance lessons I hurried over to their house to get my treasures of long ago :) ....I was truly excited.

After a friendly visit and a relief I am sure that I wont be harping them about the green box and coffee pot anymore I took my items home...YEA......

Ok.......Those items are from the past and of old things and a old life and yesterday showed me a few things for sure.

First off my pot has been stored for two years now and I needed to clean it up before I brewed coffee for my Sunday morning laz...:) I filled it with cold water and turned it on and let it go through a cycle and all of a sudden black smoke poured out of it. I hurried up and shut it off before the smoke detector came on! ok....I had to say good bye to Mr Brun and off he went to the huge green bin out back....bummer...

I then spotted my beautiful Bodum french press and decided that I have moved way on from that old coffee pot and this blowing up of my coffee pot was a way of letting go of the past and to embrace change in my life. Good changes! YEA....Change is good.

Next came my little green recipe file...I opened it up and started looking through the files. They were full of recipes that could actually kill a person let alone a whole family. I kept the few that meant alot to me which were five recipes! and tossed out the ones with white sugar and white flour (most I have never even made ) I do not need them and will not serve them to anyone I love or even those I do not like! I then spotted my Greens recipe book from Erik and Brandon and know that I can make beautiful whole yummy food without harm...again changes....good changes. I will fill that little green box with great yummy healthy recipes. I can hardly wait....

I woke up this morning feeling a step in the right direction and light and free...Life Is Good (MG)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!